Prototype #3

 After a long period of stagnation I came back to the motor project with fresh eyes. A new out look on how the motor should be made. I wanted a sturdier frame so I didn't have do deal with movement that came from minuscule lapses in movement that would completely destroy Mark 1 and Mark 2. Mark 3 of the motors was a complete over haul of my initial plan for the motor this was due to my study on theoretical ideals of the motor, particularly the equation F = I*l*B. Increasing the length of my coils would inevitably increase the force, I also decided to change my magnets to stronger ones that would create a stronger magnetic field, and I changed the power source I was using and the amount of coils to increase the amount of current. All of these changes were done to create a stronger force The new motor was a new prong design. The 2 prongs were connected to the axel in order for the force to be forced side ways with the magnetic field. 


At the time i believed the issue to be that the amount of force being created was not adequate due to the amount of prongs unable to pick up the magnetic field. Though a lot of magnetic force was felt.

The materials will also need to be updated due to my new design

Materials :

Wooden Dowel (20mm radius)

Iron Ball Bearing (20mm radius) X 2

Rare earth magnets X 6

Balsa wood

Cardboard

Super Glue

Copper wire (8mm wide)

Electrical tape

Copper pipe

Results: Strong Magnetic Force

This new invovement of a wooden dowel and copper pipe led to an updated risk assesment,

Risk: Cut yourself with saw

Solution: Wear gloves and protective when sawing

             Slight movement 

<-- Coils used

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Physics Motor Entry #1

Prototype #4.5